[seam-dev] Page fragment cache with JBoss Treecache, ehcache and a FileSystemCache

Sebastian Hennebrueder usenet at laliluna.de
Tue Jul 15 08:53:48 EDT 2008

I uploaded the path to the current trunk

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1891

The FileSystemCache is not faster than ehcache configured with
diskoverflow, so I threw it away.

There are three cache provider: ehcache, jboss treecache 1.x, jboss cache 2
PojoCache is intended to be used with complex java objects. It is slower
as compared to a plain treecache and we don't need the pojocache
functionallity. So I did not write an implementation.

I added the dependency required to compile the patch to the core

There is one issue with the JBoss Cache 2 provider. I needed to use a
deprecated API to make this run when libraries of JBoss Cache 1 and 2
are provided. This is commented in the code.

JBoss Cache changes the API a lot. If I want to program this
independently, I need to reflect everything (, instantiate the cache,
build of cache node, put something in the node). This would impact
performance.

Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder

-----
http://www.laliluna.de
Laliluna.de, Berliner Strasse 22, 61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany

* Java Software Development, Support
* Training for Hibernate, EJB3 and Spring
* Tutorials for JSP, JavaServer Faces, Struts, Hibernate and EJB