[seam-dev] Seam Regressions in JBossAS Smoke Tests

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 04:03:31 EDT 2008

Issue #1: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jboss-seam-dvd not bound

That's a bug in jboss-metadata. Right now it does not adhere to
http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/tutorial/jndibinding/jndi.html .

Issue #2: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.metadata.ejb.jboss.jndipolicy.plugins.BasicJndiBindingPolicy

I would say a bug in jboss-metadata. All metadata must be serializable.

Issue #3: JNDI binding policy

As soon as an application developer changes the JNDI binding policy,
we're in the 'configuration by exception' scenario. In which case the
application developer should configure all the way and thus also Seam's
components.properties jndiPattern.

So Andrew will fix the bugs and we can run dvd-store again. :-)

Carlo