[seam-dev] Re: Blocked threads

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 05:17:28 EDT 2008

On Jun 05, 2008, at 11:13 , Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> I'm sorry I didn't look at the sources, but if the problem is a
> synchronized HashTable.get
> did you consider this two very clean options:

1. Well yes of course the issue is the synchronized HashTable :)

2. It's deep inside JBoss AS code, in the JNDI server implementation.
Ideally we would not call it a thousand times per request.

3. One of the issues that we CAN fix, and what we need to discuss, is
ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor - which is responsible for the
HashTable calls.

4. There might be other hotspots of thread contention in a typical
Seam request.