[seam-dev] Blocked threads

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:44:13 EDT 2008

> Also problematic seems to be the ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor (I think
> we really could use a "no JavaBean clustering" switch that disables it -
> need some input from Gavin who initially wrote it if that is feasible):

I have concluded the *exact* same thing in my local tests and have it
written down on my notepad to ask about such a switch. I thoroughly
agree that for smaller scale or high throughput applications, we
absolutely don't need to incur the overhead of "swizzling" all of
these references, especially given that it is doing more work than it
has to do:

     //TODO: could do better by checking if the
     //      collection really contains an entity

As for the transaction issue, why are we doing a JNDI lookup so many
times in one request? Shouldn't it only be needed once when the
Seam-managed global transaction is started? All subsequent calls such
use the one already discovered.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters. Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.