[seam-dev] deprecations on Identity

Shane Bryzak shane.bryzak at jboss.com
Sun Jun 8 19:08:09 EDT 2008

Those methods are redundant now, which is why I deprecated them.
However I do agree that we don't want to cause people to change their
applications for no reason, so with that in mind there's no reason why
we can't leave them in there for the next 5 years or however long we
want.  I prefer though that new developers use the Credentials component
instead (it's more logically correct), which is why I want to steer them
away from using Identity via the @Deprecated methods.