[seam-dev] Document character encoding stuff

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:22:39 EDT 2008

To follow up on this issue, I had a person post in the Seam in Action
forum about getting Japanese characters to work. Apparently, he
figured out how to do it and left this note:

"I was informed from my friend that JBoss 4.2.2GA requires to set
URIEncoding="UTF-8" to connector in
${JBOSS_HOME}/server/(default)/deploy/jboss-web.deployer/server.xml to
correctly handle UTF-8."

Just thought I would pass it on. Not sure if it helps.

-Dan

reference: http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=23274

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at bleepbleep.org.uk> wrote:
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2712
>

>  On 09/03/2008, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
>  > Definitely +1
>  >
>  >
>  >  On 8 Mar 2008, at 03:23, Gavin King wrote:
>  >
>  >  > A big FAQ seems to be how to set up everything needed to support
>  >  > non-UTF character encodings. (I'm in Japan this week, where it usually
>  >  > comes up.)
>  >  >
>  >  > I think we need a section of the documentation that summarizes
>  >  > everything needed (ie. character-encoding-filter and facelets
>  >  > settings).
>  >  >
>  >  > Perhaps even an entry in our FAQ system.
>  >  >
>  >  > --
>  >  > Gavin King
>  >  > gavin.king at gmail.com
>  >  > http://hibernate.org
>  >  > http://jboss.com/products/seam
>  >  > http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Gavin
>  >  > _______________________________________________
>  >  > seam-dev mailing list
>  >  > seam-dev at lists.jboss.org
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  >  Pete Muir
>  >  http://www.seamframework.org
>  >  http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  seam-dev mailing list
>  >  seam-dev at lists.jboss.org
>  >

>  --
>  Pete Muir
>
> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete
>  http://www.seamframework.org

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

http://www.mojavelinux.com
http://manning.com/dallen

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.