[seam-dev] Javassist limitation?

Norman Richards orb at nostacktrace.com
Mon May 19 10:52:31 EDT 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote:

> I don't know this part of the Seam source code but I am actually
> wondering if Seam interceptors makes use of Javassist. I assume that
> they use JDK proxies or if they use Javassist the code takes care
> that a interceptor is only called once.

Seam uses javassist, but we use it to generate proxies not to
instrument the code.  Since Seam doesn't control classloading, there's
no direct way we could do that.  JBossAOP has really nice support for
this type of instrumentation, but of course this would only be a
viable option on JBoss where JBoss AOP is around and hooked into the
class loading process.