[seam-dev] Dependency nightmares

Sebastian Hennebrueder usenet at laliluna.de
Sat May 31 17:02:56 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am using Seam outside of the 'seam-gen give me some megbyte of libs
approach' using only a minimal set of libs required to have a seam app
running.

IMHO dependencies should be minimized to allow better intregration in
all directions as well.
Frontend Frameworks,
Persistence -> we are currently seeing the alternative provider discussion,
backend -> Integration with whatever.

A blank Seam app requires even if not using transaction management and
not using JPA the following libs

ejb-api.jar
persistence-api.jar
hibernate-commons-annotations.jar
hibernate-validator.jar (OK we use it for validation but ...)
-- which in turn requires hibernate.jar

And I haven't checked all possible use cases. So there might be even more.

What do you think?

Best Regards

Sebastian Hennebrueder