[seam-dev] Can someone please take a look a this

Norman Richards orb at nostacktrace.com
Thu Nov 13 15:33:23 EST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Gavin King wrote:

> http://ocpsoft.com/uncategorized/jsf-get-bookmarkable-and-pretty-urls/
>
> Not sure what exactly they are doing, but perhaps we should steal
> code? Not sure...

I think our new internal rewriting is much cleaner.  They have:

<pretty-config>
     <url-mapping id="viewProject">
         <pattern>/project/#{viewProjectBean.projectId}</pattern>
	<view-id>/faces/viewProject.jspx</view-id>
         <action method="#{viewprojectBean.loadData}" />
         <post-to-jsf-view />
     </url-mapping>
</pretty-config>

We have:

<page view-id="/viewProject.xhtml">
         <rewrite pattern="/project/{id}" />=
         <param name="id" value="#{viewProjectBean.projectId}"/>
         <action execute="#{viewprojectBean.loadData}"/>
</page>

And, we don't have to change anything on the view side to make it
work.  You can turn on or off the nice URLs in the pages.xml without
changing anything else.  I think our only issue is the fine-grained
configuration.  We can't turn on clean URLs for every page in the
system.  Right now, each page needs it's own pattern.