[seam-dev] Please remember to actually try validate xml with xsd's ; )

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:52:31 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Jay Balunas <tech4j at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:07:08 +0100, Jay Balunas <tech4j at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I wondering why this was not caught in our release testing - I would
>>> assume that it is because none of the examples and/or current JBDS tests
>>> strike this issue.  We will look further into this and try to come up with a
>>> good way to verify.
>>
>> Enable schema validation in a test run and it should reveal it - this
>> isn't really a JBDS specific issue, it would fail in any validating
>> xml editor.
>
> Part of our release-process includes executing the testsuite and build with
> validate/xml=true.  We are looking into why this slipped through.

I speculate that we don't use EL in a redirect element anywhere in the
examples. If that is true, you have your answer. Let's add one.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.