[seam-dev] Please remember to actually try validate xml with xsd's ; )

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:00:43 EST 2008

>>> Part of our release-process includes executing the testsuite and build
>>> with
>>> validate/xml=true.  We are looking into why this slipped through.
>>
>> I speculate that we don't use EL in a redirect element anywhere in the
>> examples. If that is true, you have your answer. Let's add one.

The list of resources validated does not include **/*.page.xml, so
likely that is where it is slipping through. I just checked it in a
seam-gen app and it fails in SP1.

Btw, the validateConfiguration Ant target in a seam-gen app is broken
because we are not copying validate.xml. I will add that for CR2.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.