[seam-dev] Please remember to actually try validate xml with xsd's ; )

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:10:20 EST 2008

Even though it deviates from semantics, it is correct to use a string
in the from-action. That string may be used in the action attribute of
the UICommand component.

<h:commandButton action="go" value="Go"/>

<navigation from-action="go">
    <rule>
        <redirect view-id="/nextPage.xhtml"/>
    </rule>
</navigation>

-Dan

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Jozef Hartinger <jharting at redhat.com> wrote:
> It looks like the validation mechanism used during release testing for
> validating configuration files is broken. With deprecated
> "validate.xml=true" option it does not work and validateall target should be
> used instead. I am going to update this target since it does not cover  all
> the examples.
>
> According to pages.xml schema, only EL expression is allowed in
> "from-action" attribute of navigation element in pages.xml however in
> seambay example plain string is used. Is this the problem of the example or
> the schema is too restrictive?

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.