[Richfaces-exadel] Fwd: [seam-dev] Some profiling of blockingthreads

Jay Balunas tech4j at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 09:19:25 EDT 2008

I was able to update and build with RichFaces 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT and saw your
changes.

The good news is that I no longer see any blocking threads in the
"org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler" - none at all which is great.

The bad news is that the performance has not increased in any meaningful or
repeatable way.

During my profiling I noticed a definite increase in the blocked threads
performing JNDI lookups.  My theory is that the AjaxViewHandler was acting
as a gate and effectively slowing down concurrent requests into Seam
proper.  These threads now fly straight through and into Seam processing.
They the end up blocked with the other threads performing the lookups.

I will continue to look at the lookup issues, and let you all know what I
find.

-Jay

blog: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Jay