[seam-dev] XSRF and JSF2

Shane Bryzak shane.bryzak at jboss.com
Wed Oct 1 09:22:14 EDT 2008

I created a new JIRA issue to remind me to do something about
preventing/limiting XSS attacks in Seam Remoting:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3482

However I'm still not totally clear how I should be tackling this
problem, probably because I don't fully understand the mechanism behind
an XSS attack.  We already have an incremental call ID value passed with
each remote request, so this could possibly be used as our "canary"
value.  In any case, could you please walk me through the moving parts
of an XSS attack step by step just so we're clear on what needs to be
protected?