[seam-dev] Re: renaming source directories in a seam-gen project

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:15:42 EDT 2008

The migration to src/hot and src/main is now complete in the trunk.
(Sorry for the brief period of time there where the IDE build scripts
were broken). I have created a few apps using the new structure and so
far it just feels much more natural to me.

Btw, this requires absolutely no change in JBossTools. The concept of
action and model are still the same from the perspective of the code
generation tools. It's just that action maps to src/hot and model maps
to src/main, which is the natural place to start. Then, it is up to
the developer to decide when to push action-oriented components (or
any other type of component) into src/main based on the fact that they
no longer need to be hot deployable. Other reasons are when the
developer wants Groovy scripts be compiled or to be able to refer to a
class in components.xml (recall that components.xml cannot reference
by class name the components in src/hot).

-Dan