[seam-dev] generate entities in JBossTools

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 03:53:23 EDT 2008

Max,

Save me. Where does JBossTools get the org.jboss.seam.tool.Util class
from? I added a method to it named isToOne() but FreeMarker doesn't
seem to want to find this method when running generate-entities
through JBossTools. My guess is that there is some other JAR somewhere
that is being used rather than lib/gen/jboss-seam-gen.jar in the Seam
distribution, but I could be wrong.

On another note, we should move this isToOne() method into Hibernate
Tools anyway. If you take a look at it (src/gen), I needed to create
it because currently this information is not exposed as a built-in
function call. A one-to-one and a many-to-one mapping are represented
exactly the same in the UI, so I was able to offer an extra feature
for those wanting to see one-to-one relationships in the UI out of the
reverse engineering process. Only, it is causing JBossTools to bomb at
the moment.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.