[seam-dev] BI integration

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:47:18 EDT 2008

I've brought up this point informally a couple of times, but I want to
make a more formal statement. I think we need to put some sort of BI
integration on the roadmap, mostly likely being with JasperReports.
Perhaps we can start brainstorming on how this integration might look
and then create some JIRAs for those features. For example, here's an
article on how Spring integrates with JasperReports.

http://java.dzone.com/articles/spring-web-mvc-spring-web-flow

My intention is not to try to outdo Spring, but rather to say that we
need to offer something native within Seam. I just spoke to former
colleagues last week and they are using JasperServer with JSF, but
mentioned that they had to do some glue code to get it all working
together.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.