[seam-dev] Re: Adding a security audit to the Seam QA (release) process

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 10:29:45 EDT 2008

>>> http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/advisory/ and a link to
>> Yeah, that is what I was referring to.  We have to come up with a
>> policy (which I plan to discuss with MarcS) as to how we do things at
>> JBoss with reference to security and put it up on
>> http://jboss.org/security
>
> Do you have a timescale for said policy. If it's short (e.g. a month)
> then we'll hold off going our own way, otherwise we will put up some
> words on seamframework.org for the interim.

I would say a month or certainly end of the year. The Security response
team may already have answers because they have been doing this for a
long long time (fedora/rhel).

>> We need to figure out how we handle things - vulnerabilities that are
>> public information and those that are extremely sensitive in nature
>> (analogy, the DNS flaw that got leaked - Dan Kaminsky episode). We
>> should rope in all the .org leads into discussion. :)
>
> Ok, where do you want to discuss this?
I will create a mailing list for this and add all the leads on this one.
We can then discuss there.  I know, it is one more ML. But we can have
the discussions archived there. :)