[seam-dev] Broken validation or broken booking example ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 07:56:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

In Tools we implemented long ago a validation based on docs and what you
guys told us in SF:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-554
"All stateful session bean Seam components must have a method marked
@Remove @Destroy to ensure that Seam will remove the stateful bean when
the Seam context ends, and clean up any server-side state."

Recently we created the Project Example wizard and we wanted to use the
booking example as an example.
I was surprised to find that our validator complained about the code
because in there all @Stateful beans get the Error:

"Stateful component "<takeyourpick>List" must have a method marked
@Destroy

and that is true since the code looks like this:

@Remove
    public void destroy() {}

where it should be:

@Remove @Destroy
    public void destroy() {}

My question now is:

Is that validation rule broken (and the docs are wrong) or is the booking
example broken ?

Thanks,
--
/max