[seam-dev] Issues with Oracle(BEA) Weblogic 10.3

Jay Balunas tech4j at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:39:09 EDT 2008

Have you applied the patches for the known WLS issues - discussed in both
the docs, jira, and the forums?

More comments below.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Marek Novotny <mnovotny at redhat.com> wrote:

> I have discovered some issues with the latest release of Oracle(BEA)
> Weblogic Server.
>
> First issue is with jpa example. There is already related JIRA issue
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3350

I believe Pete was looking into this at some point and it is scheduled for
2.1.0.CR1 - you should take a look and see what the details of that are.  It
may be a configuration change, or a real bug.

<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3350>

> Second issue is with seam jee5 booking example. After reading steps at
> http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.1.0.BETA1/referencWeblogicTransactionManagerLook<http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.1.0.BETA1/reference/en-US/html/weblogic.html#d0e29123>
>>
>> up
>
> e/en-US/html/weblogic.html#d0e29123<http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.1.0.BETA1/reference/en-US/html/weblogic.html#d0e29123>,
> which are basically for 10.0MP1, but should work also for version 10.3. And
> also
>
> It seems that some weird class loading issue happens in WLS.

Double check the capitalization for the WeblogicTransactionManagerLookup -
that is a common issue.  Also verify that they jars are deployed correctly
as described.  If they appear to be then google the issue, and/or look on
the BEA forums.  I would assume that the issue is either jar placement or
some setting in WLS.  You may need to set flags so that the seam
application's jars take precedence on the classpath.  You should be able to
find how to do that.

blog: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Jay