[seam-dev] InitialContext performance issues

Jay Balunas tech4j at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:51:52 EDT 2008

oh - I'm not saying this is the biggest part of the IntialContext blocks.
The largest by far is all the calls to "lookup".  This was just the first
one that I pinned down, and seemed like an easy fix.  I'm looking at the
lookup calls, and will post more on it.

FYI - When I profiled with the patch I included the block simply moved
farther down into the InitialContext creation code.  So a real fix would be
limiting the number of instantiations, but as you say it might not be worth
the effort.  We'll have to see once we have optimized else where.

-Jay

--
blog: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Jay