[seam-dev] java.lang.IllegalStateException: No phase id bound to current thread (make sure you do not have two SeamPhaseListener instances installed))

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:37:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen <manderse at redhat.com>wrote:

> ----- "Dan Allen" <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Replace JSF with an up to date version. JSF lives in server/default/
> > > deploy/jboss-web.deployer/jsf-libs/{jsf-api.jar, jsf-impl.jar}.
> >
> > Thanks, I'll get that into our FQA.
> >
> > Isn't the "two listeners installed" just a warning? Seam still works
> > as far as I know. I see this same message when deploying to Tomcat.
> >

> Error Message:
> 23:56:56,423 ERROR [SeamPhaseListener] uncaught exception
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No phase id bound to current thread (make
> sure you do not have two SeamPhaseListener instances installed)
> at org.jboss.seam.contexts.PageContext.getPhaseId(PageContext.java:162)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.contexts.PageContext.isBeforeInvokeApplicationPhase(PageContext.java:174)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.contexts.PageContext.getCurrentWritableMap(PageContext.java:90)
> at org.jboss.seam.contexts.PageContext.remove(PageContext.java:104)
>
> Looks like an exception to me ;)

Hmm, so when the app starts it probably lists a warning too. I actually
haven't deployed to 4.2.3.GA yet. I wonder if I deployed an app if I would
see this or if there is something specific about the user's app.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.