[seam-dev] Seam 2.1 branch

Shane Bryzak shane.bryzak at jboss.com
Fri Apr 17 19:40:37 EDT 2009

All,

Shortly (tomorrow evening my time) I'm going to branch Seam trunk into a
Seam_2_1 branch, and start working on the directory structure for Seam 3
in trunk.  After discussing with Pete, we've decided that we are going
to go with a modular directory structure which will make it possible to
do separate releases for individual Seam modules (as well as other
advantages).  The new directory structure will look somewhat like this:

/seam/trunk
                     /modules/trunk
                                               /excel
                                               /mail
                                               /pdf
                                               /remoting
                                               /resteasy
                                               /rss
                                               /security
                     /sandbox/trunk
                                               /other sandbox modules go
here,
                                               /and once stable they
move to /modules
                     /examples/trunk
                                               /existing seam examples
go here
                     /docs/trunk
                     /common/trunk

Could we please have all code checked in before this change - I'll
probably begin around the following time, and require a short code
freeze (hopefully just a few hours) while the restructuring is taking place.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=19&year=2009&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=47
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=19&year=2009&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=47>

Thanks,
Shane