[seam-dev] Porting package for Seam

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 06:29:42 EDT 2009

On 22 Apr 2009, at 10:16, Shane Bryzak wrote:

> SeamLoginModule for example.

You need to access identity from here I think? Making this kind of
association is harder using shared classloading, and you have to
investigate each case individually - normally the best way to do it is
to pass it using some context. In this case, I think you could
probably use Configuration for this purpose. Anyway, point is, you
can't safely use statics for wiring in modules anymore.

An alternative, if the lifecycle of a thing you need to wire in is
well defined, is to use a ThreadLocal static and try/finally semantics.

> And how do we implement our static <component>.instance() methods?

We should avoid implementing these in new modules. In the emulation
layer, we will impl it assuming an isolated classloader.