[seam-dev] Seam 2.1 branch

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 07:15:30 EDT 2009

>         Couple of questions so far.
>
>         1. Can I use the standard src/main/webapp for the web assets?
>         The webbeans build uses WebContent which I guess is for JBDS.
>         But I think I can get JBDS to work with src/main/webapp just
>         fine. I'm also open to the folder named "view". I really
>         dislike the folder name WebContent.
>

>     I think we should go with the WTP standard here.
>

> I really don't like this idea. I want to stick to the Maven standard
> src/main/webapp or use view. WebContext is a stupid folder name and
> I've always hated that WTP wouldn't change it to something less lame.
> Besides, the location is completely configurable in WTP anyway, so it
> doesn't really care what the folder is called. I've also seen Maven
> plugins choke when the convention is not followed. So I'm going to
> hack on src/main/webapp for a couple of days and just see how it pans out.
Just to add my 2 cents to this.

I hate the name WebContent, EarContent, etc. too - you are not alone ;)

As Dan says it is configurable in WTP and as far as I know we don't have
any hardcoding of it left in JBDS ( there we in the old Exadel code).
But if you find some issue with it please speak up and will fix/respond
to it.

Do note that WTP expects *all* of the content to be in this folder
META-INF, resources, to a certain extent libs too. Just something to be
aware of ;)

/max