[seam-dev] Need advice on what and how to commit new build stuff for the booking sample app on WebSphere v7

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 19:05:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Snjezana Peco <snjezana.peco at redhat.com>wrote:

> WTP uses a standard Eclipse preference to set the default web content
> folder. However, there isn't any UI to change the preference. If the user
> changes it, WTP won't save a new value.
> We can change the preference either by adding a preference page or by
> saving the value when the user has finished the Seam Web Project wizard.

It would be incredibly helpful to have a preference page for this setting.
Seriously helpful. And a nice value add for JBoss Tools.

> As to JBDS, we can change the default value when starting a new workspace.
> This can also be done in JBoss Tools, but would break Eclipse fair play
> rule.

I don't understand why this was never a preference in Eclipse already. It
seems to me Eclipse is being too lame to be treated fairly in this case. You
can change just about ever other aspect of a project. Maybe I should voice
my concern on an issue report. Is there an open issue in Eclipse to control
this setting?

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan