[seam-dev] Need advice on what and how to commit new build stuff for the booking sample app on WebSphere v7

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 07:48:53 EDT 2009

>>> This is a big change, but again, we need to address the entire way we
>>> structure examples in Seam 3, and align with JBoss Tools so that our
>>> examples work ootb there. This means adopting the JBT structure for
>>> projects I think.
>>>
>>> Again, we need to start a wiki page for this :-)
>> One thing that should help is that we know integrate with m2eclipse
>> allowing you to at least use maven.
>>
>> I still don't know (haven't had time to look into it) how we are
>> going to handle (in any IDE) that there are
>> multiple deployment/configuration descriptors in one project - most
>> non-jbosstools-tools assumes
>> a specific structure (i.e. persistence.xml is in META-INF and not
>> called something else) - but maybe
>> maven's profile feature can be used for it....something to explore at
>> least.
>
> Does this mean you are using the maven project structure from now on?
> Or are you sticking with WebContent etc.?
We support both, and afaik the only difference there is between a maven
and a seam-wtp project is the name of the folders.
And those have always been configurable.

But I don't want to require users to install m2eclipse nor use Maven to
just get seam code completion; so will have to support
them all (The "whatever"-structure project (traditional seam-gen), The
WTP structure project (what we have been doing in JBT), The
Maven-WTP-structured project (what we added support for, but does not
require)

/max