[seam-dev] Need advice on what and how to commit new build stuff for the booking sample app on WebSphere v7

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 08:58:35 EDT 2009

Snjezana Peco wrote:
> Dan Allen wrote:
>>     src/main/webapp is the default web content folder, but it can be
>>     configured using warSourceDirectory within maven-war-plugin
>>     http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html
>>

>> Right. But what I'm saying is that Eclipse can accept different
>> values via the .settings file, which Maven 2 happens to write to. So
>> from the WTP perspective, it is configurable, but via the project
>> files only ATM.
>>
>> So we seem to agree on the current state. The question is, do we move
>> forward with a new Eclipse issue report? In the meantime, you could
>> add the preferences screen to tied folks over.
>
> Max,
> If you agree, I can add the following functionalities:
> - a project property page to change the web content folder of an
> existing project
This is what is missing - and I would say this should be submitted to
eclipse ASAP :)
> - an Eclipse preference page to set the default web content folder
This would only work for seam web project wizards, right ? Not Dynamic
Web projects on its own ?
If it does, which preference are they actually using ?
> - saving the default web content folder if the user changes it within
> the Seam Web Project wizard (the new value would be available for the
> Seam Web Project wizard and for the Dynamic Web Project wizard)
hmm - that's going to be asymmetrical to how other wizards works
afaik...better to just let users set the default location under the
preferences.
/max