[seam-dev] Incremental hot deployment with Seam 2.2.0.GA and JBoss AS 5.1

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 14:03:21 EDT 2009

The change mentioned in JBPAPP-2365 has not yet been applied to EAP5.  I
can do this but I need help in verifying that the change will not cause
any harm.  I also need help in verifying that the change causes some
good.  Could someone please explain what the impact of the following
change will be?  Please add your response to JBPAPP-2365 so others can
see your answer.

The recommended change is to update conf/bootstrap/profile.xml from (see
two lines with "|" in first column):

<!-- This just checks metadata locations -->
<bean name="MetaDataStructureModificationChecker"
class="org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.structure.modified.MetaDataStructureModificationChecker">

<constructor>
</constructor>
| <property name="filter"><bean
class="org.jboss.system.server.profile.basic.XmlIncludeVirtualFileFilter" /></property>

</bean>

<!-- We just visit wars, but exclude classes, lib, dev dirs -->
<bean name="WebVisitorAttributes"
class="org.jboss.system.server.profile.basic.IncludeExcludeVisitorAttributes">

<constructor>
<parameter>
<set>
<value>.war</value>

[...]