[seam-dev] [weld-dev] thanking the community

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:59:30 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 19:42, Steven Boscarine
<steven.boscarine at childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> IMO, it's the classy thing to do.  Volunteers thrive off of positive
> reinforcement.
>
> On 12/10/2009 05:07 PM, Dan Allen wrote:
>> When GlassFish V3 was released, I got a note thanking me for the
>> specific issues that I filed or participated in that were relevant to
>> the release. That's a pretty cool service. Sure would be nice to do
>> something like that at JBoss. One use case is that a volunteer can
>> take that e-mail to their manager and demonstrate that they had an
>> impact. Personal pride is another.
>>
>> -Dan

Sounds like a wonderful idea.  Having come from a company that
specialized in recognition / appreciation I can attest to the amazing
results these seemingly small acts of appreciation produce.  I don't
know if the things that Sun sent out were personalized or just a form
mailing with info pulled from the issue tracker, but if something big
is reported, fixed, contributed, etc a personal email / letter,
whatever really goes a long way.

I know I'm not part of JBoss, but I think Dan's idea is suburb and
would love to see something a like that implemented.

--
Jason Porter
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5
PGP fingerprint: 64C2 C078 13A9 5B23 7738 F7E5 1046 C39B 926C CFF5