[seam-dev] What are the plans for seam 2.x?

Norman Richards orb at nostacktrace.com
Wed Dec 23 19:43:49 EST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Dan Allen wrote:

> Is there a planned released date of Seam v2.2.1? (There are currently
> 1000+ JIRA entries for Seam v2, 100+ assigned to Seam v2.2.1)
> Will we have a Seam v2.2.2 (or maybe v2.3) in the future?
>
> We did discuss this in the Seam meeting last week. We are very likely going to be getting a release out in early 2010 (I don't know the estimated date) for reasons you cited and because we'll need changes anyway for the Seam 3 - Seam 2 bridging effort.

We're hoping to get 2.2.1.CR1 out in January.  That's a rough estimate based on how long we anticipate the critical fixes taking.  It could be sooner or later, but that's our hope.  I'm going to do my best to see that issues in JIRA with verified fixes are included in the release.  If there are issues that meet this criteria that interest anyone, they should ping me to me make sure that I don't overlook them.  The important thing is that this is primarily a maintenance release and fixes that require large changes are likely going to be too risky for the release.