[seam-dev] Re: Form, Input Elements and SeamText

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:05:16 EST 2009

Christian,

You reminded me of a very valuable feature of Seam Text, one I think is
worth emphasizing more: sanitation. This is too oft

Perhaps the direction to take is to allow Seam Text to support different
dialects of wiki markup. That would be separate from the general cleaning
that it does which is very much reusable. Seam Text would just have to set
aside some patterns for basic elements that different dialects define
differently. Of course, you would never expose the different dialects to the
user...it would be a global setting for sure.

I certainly don't expect Seam Text to abstract every last syntax out
there...just a handful of the ones that show up most often...giving the
developer a short menu of options to go with...and possibility extend. WDYT?

-Dan