[seam-dev] HTTP optimization guide

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:34:29 EDT 2009

I've started documenting the (uncommitted) performance improvements
I've enabled: http://www.seamframework.org/Documentation/HTTPClientserverOptimizationStrategies

Later this week I'm going to roll out these changes on sfwk.org and
we'll see if it all works as expected. I'm also going to integrate the
Seam Remoting patch that allows caching of JS interfaces of several
components.

Please have a look at the doc and tell me what I've been missing.

There is also one more thing we should discuss at some point for Seam 3:

We are duplicating lots of functionality in Seam that any JAX RS
implementation has. We should probably drop SeamResourceServlet and
maybe even SeamFilter in Seam3 and rebuild what we need on top of JAX-
RS. The downside is that we'd create a dependency on a JAX-RS
implementation. OTOH almost anyone might want one of these in the
future anyway.