[seam-dev] HTTP optimization guide

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:48:10 EDT 2009

> We are duplicating lots of functionality in Seam that any JAX RS
> implementation has. We should probably drop SeamResourceServlet and maybe
> even SeamFilter in Seam3 and rebuild what we need on top of JAX-RS. The
> downside is that we'd create a dependency on a JAX-RS implementation. OTOH
> almost anyone might want one of these in the future anyway.

Yes, I think we should do this. JAX-RS has such a low footprint and is vital
to the future of Java EE web apps, so like many other specs that we
"recommend highly" I think this should certainly be one of them. We can
always back off and try to abstract an SPI if the community is uneasy about
the direction.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan