[seam-dev] Need advice on what and how to commit new build stuff for the booking sample app on WebSphere v7

denis.forveille at gmail.com denis.forveille at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:12:04 EDT 2009

(This is the third try to post this messsage as it seems that the previous messages didn't go through...)

Hello,

In order to help people use Seam on WebSphere, I have currently ready to
be committed, the artifacts to build a functional "booking" application
under WebSphere v7
The artifacts are grouped under a "websphere7-resources" directory that
groups the files tailored for WebSphere  v7 and there is a
"build-websphere7.xml" file  to build the ear file.

With this, this it is just a matter of running the build file, declaring
a connection pool in WebSphere and deploying the ear file on WebSphere
to get the "booking" application running on WebSphere v7

I plan also to review the section of the doc related to the usage of
seam on WebSphere v7 as what is in there is over-complicated and there
are may errors (and many jar are out opf date with seam 2.2 ...), and
also to include a section on how to configuire JNDI name resolution for
Seam with WebSphere v7 as it seems that many people have problems with this

Q:
- is the "booking" sample the right example to proposes this kind of thing?
- should it be better if I move my files from the "booking" sample to
the "je55/booking" sampleand make this work there? what is the
difference between both?
- is the structured proposed ok? ie the websphere7-resources directory
that contains the files specific to was and the build-webssphere7.xml
(very similar to what is done done in the "jpa" sample app)

I could commit this as soon as v2.2GA is out..

Thanks
Denis