[seam-dev] Congratulations

Ashish Tonse ashish.tonse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:06:59 EDT 2009

  That's great news, however, I want to bring up a related concern - the
forums (and, to a lesser extent, the rest of the seam site) are very slow.
Pages routinely take 2-5 seconds to load, which doesn't bode well for the
perception of the framework. I have heard comments like "why is the site so
slow? and it's written in seam?" (and myself said similar things when I was
first introduced to Seam)

  From looking at the code on the site from the examples/wiki directory, it
looks like at least many sql queries seem to be optimized -- what else could
it be? I have explored around the code but without a good dataset that
represents live data, can't do much more. Is there a way to get a recent
data dump of the website DB (with all usernames/passwords/other user data
further hashed/obfuscated, of course).

  If this is possible, some of us could take a stab at perhaps making the
forums faster. It'll only help with adoption/use of the forums.

Ashish Tonse
http://ashish.tonse.com
@atonse