[seam-dev] Seam website optimizations

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:51:17 EDT 2009

Hi Christian,
I'm in Europe and the website is perceived slow, I am sure you're
right about the load and optimized code, but if I run the "YSlow"
firefox plugin it gives lots of good tips
you could apply to make it faster.
The website is behaving as "slow" because of the many resources which
are loaded per page; most browsers won't open more than 2 http
connections so all resources
are loaded in sequence: one bu one thorough all the hops; Using the
plugin I can see that many resources are not properly cached by the
browser because of wrong headers.
Other tips YSlow is giving are about missing compression on
javascripts, javascripts which could be moved to the bottom,moving
static rerources to "cookie-less" subdomains.
I'd recommend you to give it a try, I used it to speedup several Seam
applications: the most notable improvement is usually to fix the
headers from the richfaces generated javascript
when you can be sure it's not going to change, that will reduce the
amount of network roundtrips and the page will feel as loader much
faster.

Sanne