[seam-dev] build before restore

Drew Kutcharian drew at venarc.com
Tue Jun 2 15:33:01 EDT 2009

Ian,

I had the same issue. What I ended up doing was creating/registering a custom Seam ExceptionHandler to catch ViewExpiredExceptions and redirecting to the page. The good thing is that the ViewExpiredException contains the View Id of the view that the user was trying to access, so you can just do a GET redirect to the page. The user will loose their inputed data, but at least the page will render correctly.

Drew Kutcharian
Chief Technology Officer
Venarc Inc. www.venarc.com
Phone: 818-524-2500