[seam-dev] Seam 2.1.2 release

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 10:19:15 EDT 2009

Well to be maven compatible we should switch to -CRX, -BETAX etc.

Actually, I think it was OSGi, not maven that has the problem you
describe. Anyway, we always use explicit versions (and recommend this
to people using our poms) so it should be ok...

Do people think we should just switch to the maven standard?

On 9 Jun 2009, at 15:12, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> I thought this renaming did not apply for maven bundles as the maven
> resolution mechanism was retarded.
>
> On  Jun 9, 2009, at 08:43, Pete Muir wrote:
>
>> Nope, JBoss has changed their versioning guidelines, and no longer
>> applies .GA to final releases...
>>
>> Going forward, there will be no more GA suffix (but we still
>> use .CRX, .BETAX etc.)

>>> There seems to have been a small glitch with the naming of the
>>> 2.1.2 release in maven:
>>> http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/seam/jboss-seam/
>>>
>>> I would expect '2.1.2.GA' rather than '2.1.2'?
>>>
>>> Congrats on the release!
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> asgeir