[seam-dev] Seam website optimizations

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:24:55 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Christian Bauer
<christian.bauer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jun 01, 2009, at 19:51 , Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>  right about the load and optimized code, but if I run the "YSlow"
>>

> I actually first had a paragraph in my e-mail saying "Please, no Yahoo
> website tips". :) I'm aware of all of this stuff and of course we've done
> already whatever makes sense and was easily doable. The website does NOT
> have many resources that are loaded with a warm cache. In fact, only the
> SeamResourceServlet files are loaded over and over again (remote.js
> particularly bad). Which is why we need conditional GET function for it.

I have no doubt you have put significant effort into understanding the
performance of the website. But there is a new development in the area of
performance. Google recently released the Page Speed plugin for Firebug,
which I think it's worth pointing at the site to see if there are any new
optimizations we can discover. Also, it appears that RichFaces is very
guilty in terms of missing the cache and should certainly be discussed at
the upcoming meeting in Brno.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.