[seam-dev] Caching of Seam Remoting Interface Components

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:29:28 EDT 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 22:35 , Pete Muir wrote:

> I would suggest /interface.js/component1;component2 etc.

I'd recommend /component1;component2/interface.js which leaves the URI
design open for further sub-resources (of maybe different
representation types) that describe component(s).

Reply to some of the other questions in this thread: I've implemented
a ConditionalAbstractResource that we'll use in the future to send
304's when a request comes in and the resource state hasn't been
modified. I'm now adding a caching layer so we can also control _when_
and _if_ a conditional request should be used. But I agree that it
would be best to not use a query param for the interface.js resource
as that would negate all of the conditional/cache efforts.