[seam-dev] the parody of mocks in JSF

Alexandr Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Tue May 5 13:09:36 EDT 2009

The RichFaces test project has little bit more then simple mock objects;
it simulates a real web server which works with any JSF implementation,
and has integration with HtmlUnit as well, so it can be used for
functional and compatibility tests. I've been created that project
especially for JSF 2.0 tests ( because there are no mock projects for
JSF 2.0 api yet, and API was changing too often  ). But that project
really has no JSF or RichFaces dependencies, therefore it could be used
to test any web framework, including Seam as well.

But using real implementation for simple test seems overloaded,
therefore it makes sense to combine 'staging' server with mock objects
too. Because that test environment has no direct references to
particular framework, we can make an independent test project,
applicable for both RichFaces and Seam.
Because we already have at least two candidates for common libraries (
that are tests and bean validators, the CDK seems as third ), I think we
should create 'common' module that will holds all shared libraries for
Jboss Seam and RichFaces projects.