[seam-dev] the parody of mocks in JSF

Alaxander Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Wed May 6 11:40:40 EDT 2009

I have an idea for the mock testing project. While Shale and all other
projects use one base class where all mock objects are initialized, the
new one can utilize Seam/WebBeans 'inverse of control' pattern, where
necessary mock object should be injected in the same way as components use:

public class FooTest extends .... {

@in
private FacesContext context;

public void testBar() {
context.get......
}

Therefore all mock initialization code can be moved into separate class,
that may be used with any test framework ( jUnit 3/4, testng.... ).