[seam-dev] How to store data in contexts

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:26:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Nicklas Karlsson <nickarls at gmail.com>wrote:

> Seam could have a "hacks" module that would add the binding type and
> producer method ;-)

Maybe 10 beers in you can convince me, but I don't see using the HTTP
contexts as hacks. To me, they have been around for 10+ years and software
uses them. That is a reality. You walk into any technical manager's office
and try to tell them you can't use contexts anymore and they will gladly
show you the door and hire some programmer willing to use them. There is
software in an ivory tower and there is real life. We are stupid not to
offer some way to access these contexts. Can we advocate not to .... sure,
fine, but I still think it is stupid to pretend they don't exist.

-Dan