[seam-dev] where is jboss el?

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon May 18 13:26:43 EDT 2009

On 12 May 2009, at 23:15, Dan Allen wrote:

> As we organize Seam 3 and the examples, I find myself asking two
> questions:
>
> - Where is JBoss EL hosted and why is it not listed as a project at
> jboss.org?

It's never been made a top level project.

> - Why are we not using JBoss EL 2.0? It appears that Norman and Pete
> have both tagged a 2.0 release, so why are we not using it?

I altered the numbering scheme at some point to follow EL spec
numbering, not Seam numbering.

Really, we should migrate to the EL RI as soon as it has the features
we need.

It's maintained by us.

> Also, I am trying to figure out where the EL 1.3 spec is being
> defined and what the status of JBoss EL is in supporting that spec.
> This seems to be a pretty critical piece of the puzzle and thus it
> should be more well defined.

> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan
>
> NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
> basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
> from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than
> a week,
> it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
> caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a
> message if
> you feel that it did not reach my attention.

Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete