[seam-dev] lab notes for experimenting with Seam 3

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:58:41 EDT 2009

If you've been watching in on the conversations and are interested in
experimenting with Seam 3, I've prepared a concise set of instructions for
getting started. Keep in mind that Seam 3 is in the very early stages, so
put on your lab glasses ;)

Begin by installing/extracting JBoss AS 5. Set JBOSS_HOME to point to this
installation. Now, checkout and build!

Open a shell and switch to your development directory. (Committers note that
you can change the repository URLs to https://svn.jboss.org...)

mkdir webbeans-trunk
cd webbeans-trunk
svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/webbeans/ri/trunk ri
svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/webbeans-ri-int/trunkri-int
svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/webbeans/extensions/trunk extensions
cd ri
mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
cd ../ri-int
mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
cd ../extensions/logger
mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
cd ../../ri/jboss-as

PAUSE
-> create file local.build.properties and populate with:
jboss.home=<<same as JBOSS_HOME>>
webbeans-ri-int.version=5.2.0-SNAPSHOT
webbeans.version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

ant update

cd ../../..
mkdir seam-trunk
cd seam-trunk
svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/modules/trunk modules
cd modules/parent
mvn install
cd ../jsf-upgrade-tool/
mvn
cd ../..
svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/examples/trunk examples
cd examples/booking
mvn cli:execute-phase
> explode

Start JBoss and visit http://localhost:8080/seam-booking/

I welcome all feedback and patches.

Cheers,

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.