[seam-dev] Booking Example

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 20:17:05 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Stuart Douglas
<stuart at baileyroberts.com.au>wrote:

> Is the booking example still going to be our main example in seam 3? And if
> so would anyone be opposed to adding an admin war module to it?

The Seam booking example will be one of our "aggregate" examples, which
means it sits outside of any one module. It's already setup as an EAR [1],
just badly broken at this point because it was based on prototype code from
back in May. Let's say that the bones are there, it just needs updating. You
can certainly add an admin module. Let's say you can add hotels in the admin
module. Great idea.

As for whether it will be the "main" example, I'd say we have to see what
else the team members come up with, because I think we can breath some fresh
air into what we are showing with something new. [2]

> Given the problems that we had in seam 2 with multi war projects, I think
> that having our main example being a multi war project can only be a good
> thing.

+1

-Dan

[1] http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/examples/trunk/booking/