[seam-dev] formatting the reference doc source

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:22:36 EDT 2010

Stuart (et al),

To follow up on your question from IRC, we don't have to use vim for
formatting the reference docs source (docbook). What I want to avoid is
reflows of the XML because that makes it virtually impossible to track
changes. So far, vim gives me the maximum control over that. Eclipse loves
to reformat the whole document in ways i don't agree with. I've tried other
docbook editors, and they seem to have their own way of formatting too. If
we can find a way to avoid reflows and use something better than vim, I'm
all ears. Vim isn't the greatest at editing XML anyway.

...however, the modelines I suggested [1] to set a target for the formatting
that we want.

-Dan

[1] http://seamframework.org/Documentation/ReferenceDocumentationStyleGuide

Registered Linux User #231597