[seam-dev] formatting the reference doc source

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:11:08 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
> lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does JBoss tools have this same XML formatting problem? If so, maybe we
>> could get them to invest a little time in enhancing it for us if we can
>> enumerate the deficiencies?
>>

> What's funny is that what we want really isn't that complex. We want a tree
> structure, indented with 3 spaces. However, certain tags should be
> classified as "inline" tags and should not introduce a level of nesting.
> Pretty much just grab any of our docbook files, stare at it for a couple
> minutes, see how we are consistently formating it, and you get an idea of
> what we need.
>
> There is one other subtle requirement. Rarely are there two text editors
that wrap words the same way. Some ensure there is an extra space after the
last words, some don't. Some split on special characters that others don't.
If you have a 20 line paragraph, and you wrap a word in the second line that
someone else didn't, then the entire paragraph is reflowed, and your diff is
out the window.

Registered Linux User #231597