[seam-dev] Please read & review: "Test your module"

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 14:18:53 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Nicklas Karlsson <nickarls at gmail.com>wrote:

> There is one gap in the article at this point. Right now it assumes the use
>> of the weld-embedded container. That will work for basic managed bean tests,
>> but it's not going to work for integration tests that require container
>> services such as JMS and JPA. It also won't be sufficient when we need to
>> test the real JSF life cycle. Therefore, I recommend adding a section about
>> using real containers. For instance, JMS module needs this right out of the
>> gate.
>>

> I don't know if it's a job for this article or for Arquillian/JBossTesting
> in general but it would be handy to show the progression of a simple case
> from the standalone unit test to the full blown EE-integration test.
> Something along the lines of
>
> * A simple junit-only test of a Calc class that returns the sum of two
> parameters
> * Calc in embedded weld with some injection
> * Calc goes servlet (HTMLUnit? Selenium?)
> * Calc goes JSF-WAR web app (JSFUnit?)
> * Calc goes JSF-EAR-JPA (DBUnit + loading of data + transactions etc)

That's more or less what I was referring to. While I see this as something
for the Arquillian reference guide, I still think it would be useful to have
the no frills progression on the ModuleTesting page. The reference
documentation can have the show and tell whereas the ModulesTesting page can
just have the show.

Registered Linux User #231597